With a rich 90-year history, United Way has earned a reputation as a respected and efficient philanthropic organization. Our long tradition of addressing the human service needs in Duval, Baker, Clay, Nassau, and Northern St. Johns counties is made possible through the commitment of thousands of volunteers, contributors and community partners.
We actively engage with people and organizations from all across the community who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas. We accomplish this through a volunteer-driven Community Impact Model.
Solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
We envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential.
- We develop integrated solutions that improve lives and communities.
- We focus on what’s most needed and what works locally.
- We bring leaders and organizations from all sectors together.
- We invite thousands of people to be part of the change and amplify the impact.
- United Way solves problems no one organization can solve alone.
- Ensure basic needs are met for all throughout the region.
- Produce meaningful and measurable results in the areas of youth success,
financial stability and health.
- Invest in historically challenged neighborhoods connecting efforts to impact
- Execute a business model that connects impact and resources
- Build capacity and collaborate
- Create great individual experiences
- Drive transformational giving
- Re-ignite strategic corporate relationships
In pursuing our mission, the following principles guide our relationships with stakeholders including donors, volunteers, partners, employees and the communities we serve.
We engage the community with professionalism and quality support.
We believe in the dignity and worth of every individual and place our highest priority on serving local people in need.
We involve and unite the local community knowing that respect, diversity and inclusiveness make us stronger.
We seek fact-driven, creative and sustainable solutions to our community’s most pressing social problems.
Integrity and Fairness
We resolve to maintain the highest standards of personal and organizational honesty in all our activities.
We are proactive and responsive to our stakeholders through consistent communication, the delivery of relevant and high-quality services, and the effective measurement of all programs and initiatives.
We continuously review our results and commit to using our resources and expertise in the most efficient and innovative manner.