Across the country, leadership giving is the fastest growing segment of company workplace campaigns. Recent surveys suggest companies with a leadership giving program have a 20 percent higher employee per capita giving than companies not using this technique. In the 2010 campaign, leadership giving at United Way of Northeast Florida represented nearly 56 percent of the total employee contributions.
Leadership Giving Levels
We have a variety of groups available for donors who contribute at leadership levels:
Benefits of Leadership Giving
- Access to new resources – New dollars from leadership giving donations enhance the ability of United Way to efficiently respond to emerging community needs.
- Recognition of new community leaders – Leadership donors and volunteers gain recognition for their charitable activities and are recognized as potential community leaders.
- Increased Community Spirit – Leadership donors have increased pride in the community and desire to participate in community activities.
- Community awareness – A formal leadership giving program incorporates better communication, increases understanding and awareness of community needs.
- Positive Image – Leadership donors are perceived as positive role models for their peers which may increase the level of participation and total dollars raised throughout the community.
- Personal Satisfaction – As a leadership donor, you are giving back to the community. You are creating positive, lasting changes in the lives of children and families every day.
- Positive Image – Demonstrates a company-wide commitment to improving the lives in our community.
- Employee Performance – Leadership giving activities encourage teamwork and enhance relationships by connecting employess with a shared vision and passion.
- More Resources – A company’s overall United Way campaign increases, which means overall community resources are available to help people.